The Homesteader’s Herbal Companion is a beautiful guide for the modern day homesteader. From learning how to incorporate herbs and essential oils around your home, to learning how to enhance your family’s health and well-being, and maintaining your livestock’s health—this book is the go-to guide for those wishing to live a more natural homesteading lifestyle. This book takes readers through the basics of herbalism, including the different types of herbs and the uses for them around the homestead. It also breaks down how herbs are used in tinctures, salves, essential oils, and infused oils. With an array of beautiful photos and easy to read terminology, just about any homesteader, new or seasoned, can learn from The Homesteader’s Herbal Companion, and finally feel comfortable incorporating the many wonderful qualities of herbs around their homes.
What’s in the Book:
- An extensive list of the best herbs for your family and homestead (that you can grow or forage for)
- A breakdown of herbal history, uses, how we use each herb, and safety precautions
- Step by step gardening techniques to ensure you have a successful season
- Learn how to harvest and preserve herbs until you need to use them
- Pick and choose from an extensive list of recipes on how to make tinctures, salves, ointments, poultices, infused honeys, confectioneries, infusions, decoctions, and more!
- Learn how to cook with herbs in your farmhouse kitchen
- If you have pets or livestock, you’ll learn how to treat common issues and how to incorporate herbs on a regular basis for healthy and happy animals.
- Learn how to make your own household non-toxic and all natural cleaners.
- Discover the best ways to have a successful home apothecary
- Learn about essential oils from a scientific standpoint
. . . and so much more!
With over 300 pages worth of information, this is the herb book every aspiring and seasoned herbalist needs on their shelf to reference to quickly.
Order on one of the websites below:
The Homesteader’s Natural Chicken Keeping Handbook
By Amy K. Fewell
Lyons Press, Spring 2019
The Homesteader’s Natural Chicken Keeping Handbook is the modern homesteader’s guide to raising, feeding, breeding, selling, and enjoying the noblest animal on the farm—the chicken. From the rooster’s crow in the morning, to the warm egg in the nesting box, chickens are the gateway livestock for almost every homesteader and backyard farm enthusiast. In this book, you’ll learn everything you need to know about raising chickens naturally. Fewell guides you in:
- understanding why chickens do what they do
- creating your very own poultry or egg business
- preventing and treating ailments with herbal remedies
- setting up your property, coop, and brooder
- hatching chicks
- purchasing chickens properly
- cooking delicious recipes with your farm fresh eggs and poultry.
This is heritage chicken keeping skills 101, with a modern twist. Not only will you gain knowledge about naturally keeping chickens through every stage of their lives, but you’ll fully embrace the joy and ease of raising all-natural chickens on your homestead.